Governor's Service Awards
The Governor's Service Awards honors outstanding volunteerism and community service in West Virginia. The awards have been presented annually by Volunteer West Virginia since 1995. Individuals and groups that are selected as recipients will be honored at a special ceremony at the Culture Center in Charleston on June 15th, 2023. Nominations must be submitted by March 17th, 2023.
If you are interested in nominating a volunteer please join us for a training webinar
on February 8th from 1-2pm, register here
- Youth (6-18)
- Adult (19-59)
- Senior (60 and older)
- Lifetime Achievement
- Group (Group, Organization, Project Based Team, Family or Business)
Except for Lifetime Achievement, nominations must highlight significant activities occurring in 2022
Click here to download the full nomination form instructions for your reference.
Other Important Information
- No more than three nominations may be submitted by the same nominator,
- Decisions of the independent panel of judges are final.
- Volunteer West Virginia can not respond to queries about specific nominations.
- Posthumous nominations are not eligible.
- Individuals or groups that have received an award in the past ten years are not eligible for consideration.
- Employees and members of the board of Volunteer West Virginia and Office of the Governor are not eligible to receive an award and may not submit a nomination.
- Because the goal of the Governor's Service Awards is to recognize outstanding and extraordinary volunteer efforts, awards are not always given in all categories. More than one award may be given per category.
- A list of the 2023 Governor's Service Awards recipients will be posted on Volunteer West Virginia's website by May 5th, 2023.
Previous Recipients & Nominees