Who We Are
Volunteer West Virginia, State's Commission for National and Community Service, is the lead agency for volunteerism and AmeriCorps in West Virginia. In 1994, Volunteer West Virginia was established to administer national service programs, such as AmeriCorps, throughout the state.
Volunteer West Virginia administers $3 million in federal and state funding for AmeriCorps and volunteer programs across the state each year.
What We Do
- Make it easier for West Virginians to volunteer.
- Provide funding and support to AmeriCorps programs.
- Support and strengthen West Virginia’s nonprofits and volunteer programs.
- Granted over $3 million dollars to support AmeriCorps programs and volunteer programs.
- Awarded over $2 Million dollars in AmeriCorps Education Awards.
- Volunteer West Virginia’s programming reached 53 counties.
- In 2021, for every state dollar invested in Volunteer West Virginia, the state received an additional $20.35 from federal, local, and private sources.