Volunteer West Virginia Mini Grants
Volunteer West Virginia is happy to announce the availability of mini grants to plan volunteer projects for West Virginians. The purpose of the mini grants is to develop new volunteer projects in the community. Eligible organizations may receive up to $500 to plan and complete a volunteer project in September – October 2023.
This is a reimbursement grant, meaning that the organization will be responsible for purchasing project materials upfront. Grantees will submit an invoice to Volunteer West Virginia for payment after the event has been held. The goal of this project is to bring volunteers together to make a positive impact in their community and to encourage individuals to be kind and volunteer.
Volunteer Project Examples:
- Community beautification projects
- Park, trail, grave maintenance
- Historic preservation projects led by volunteers.
- Animal shelter / rescue cleanups and improvements led by volunteers.
- Emergency preparedness projects and events led by volunteers.
- Community garden development and maintenance
- Community murals painted by volunteers.
- Nutrition and drug prevention events led by volunteers.
- Volunteer led projects that engage and support youth.
- Community and/or waterway cleanups
- Volunteer led projects such as yard work and pen pals for the elderly.
- Random acts of kindness for community members, first responders, individuals in recovery, seniors, children in foster care, etc.
How To Apply
- Click here to download the Volunteer West Virginia Mini Grant Notice Of Funding Opportunity.
- You will find the link to the Grant Application on Page 3.
- Funding announced July 24th, 2023
- Training Webinar August 2nd, 2023 at 11AM
- Applications will be accepted through August 21st, 2023
- Organizations will be notified by email by August 31st, 2023
- Projects must be completed by November 1st, 2023
- The mini grant final report and invoice must be submitted on or before November 8th, 2023