Are you interested in getting more involved with Volunteer West Virginia? Consider applying to serve as a Volunteer West Virginia Commission Member.
Commissioners are appointed by the Governor, serve three-year terms, and support our work across the state. Commissioners attend four meetings a year, two of which are in-person, and serve on committees. If you are passionate about AmeriCorps or volunteerism, or just want to get more involved, we hope you will consider applying. At this time we have the following priority considerations to meet federal and state requirements and priorities:
- Live/work in Morgantown
- Work in the voluntary sector
- Work with older adults in service
- Are Youth Commissioners (under 25)
- Increase the geographic diversity of the Commission
However, anyone can apply and be selected.
Benefits of Being a Commissioner
- Make an impact in West Virginia.
- Learn more about AmeriCorps and volunteerism.
- Learn more about the Federal Grants Process.
- Be a part of a team of caring and dedicated individuals.
How To Apply