Volunteer Generation Fund Grants
Volunteer West Virginia announces a funding opportunity through the Volunteer Generation Fund for eligible applicants. Potential applicants will apply to receive funding of up to $10,000 to plan or strengthen their volunteer programs. Funds will be awarded on a cost reimbursement basis. Successful applicant organizations will complete their grant activities from March – August 2023.
Examples of grant activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Hire a consultant to develop a strategic plan for using volunteers to support your mission
- Develop program supports such as volunteer position descriptions, volunteer handbooks, volunteer training, volunteer reflection process
- Purchase software to support your volunteer program
- Send staff to training to increase their ability oversee a strong volunteer program
- Purchase memberships with volunteerism organizations to support staff and volunteers
- Work with an outside evaluator to evaluate the success of your volunteer program and recommend improvements
Please note that Volunteer West Virginia cannot reimburse for staff time with Volunteer Generation Fund grants. Consultants and contract work however are allowable.
How To Apply
to download the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Training and Technical Assistance Webinar Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 11:00 am, Click Here To Register.
- Letters of Intent due by November 17, 2022 electronically via this link.
- Eligible organizations will be invited to submit full applications electronically by January 12, 2023.
- Successful applicants will be notified by February 13, 2023.