We are on the hunt for our newest Financial Manager!
Come join the Volunteer West Virginia family. We are a small state agency of ten kind and hard working individuals who get a lot done. Each year Volunteer West Virginia administers over $6 million in federal and state funding to support AmeriCorps and volunteer programming throughout the state. Volunteer West Virginia's office is located in beautiful downtown Charleston on Capitol Street (right across from Charleston Bread & Capitol Market!).
What is a Financial Manager?
The Financial Manager serves as the chief financial officer for the West Virginia Commission for National and Community Service under direction of the Executive Director. The Executive Director, under direction of the full Commission, has full responsibility for appropriate expenditure and required reporting of all Commission funds, financial compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations for a portfolio of federal, state and private grants.
What You'll Do:
The Financial Manager develops agency systems to ensure compliance, including:
- The financial system, using WVOASIS, to segregate and report on Commission's portfolio of grants.
- Navigation of new state grant making system requirements, training, and liaising with program staff.
- The development and monitoring of a system to allocate payroll based on time and effort reporting.
- The development and reporting of budget to actual numbers each quarter.
- The submission of all Federal Financial Reports and general oversight over grant financial reporting requirements, ensuring payments are compliant, reconciled and grants are closed out on a timeline basis.
- Oversight of agency procurement protocols with support from the DACH, state Purchasing Department, and with support from the Executive Director and staff.
How to Apply:
- Click here to learn how to apply and to see the complete position description.
- Applications will be accepted until Monday, May 6th, 2019.