* * * This position is now closed. To stay informed of our latest job postings, sign up for our newsletter here. * * *
Volunteer West Virginia is Hiring an AmeriCorps Training Officer!
What is an AmeriCorps Training Officer?
This position is a great opportunity for a dedicated, passionate leader to make an impact on West Virginia. The successful candidate will support AmeriCorps programs in improving programming, develop strategies to grow nonprofit capacity and help create meaningful servi
ce experiences for AmeriCorps members. You’ll also get to network with and support all national service, including AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps programs.
This is for you if you have been successful in delivering training to large and small groups, enjoy working in a team and individually, and enjoy both people and administrative details. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree, has at least two years grant management experience, has AmeriCorps, Senior Corps or Peace Corps experience, and demonstrates strength in strategic thinking, communications, time management and a commitment to service.
What You'll Do
- Plan AmeriCorps training events - Like the AmeriCorps Swearing-In Ceremony & Training.
- Manage event logistics for small / large events - 200 people.
- Manage training programs for AmeriCorps grantees.
- Promote AmeriCorps and Senior Corps in West Virginia.
- Oversee the development of new AmeriCorps Programs.
- Manage a portfolio of AmeriCorps grantees.
- Travel both within and outside of West Virginia is expected about 25% of the time.
- The individual selected may work from our office in Charleston or may work from a remote location or home office with frequent travel to the Charleston Office.
How to Apply
- Click here for the position description.
- Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, resume, and at least 3 professional references to Moya.Doneghy@wv.gov. The application process is open until an idea candidate is identified, with preference given to candidates who apply prior to January 16, 2020.