Our two-day Grant Writing training, hosted by Nicki Bentley-Colthart from The Grant Advantage
, is intended to help build new capacity for nonprofit organizations. This intensive, hands-on training will help aspiring and experienced grant writers approach grant writing with increased confidence. At the end of the training, participants will understand all the components of a grant application and have a new way of looking at what works in their organization and community.
- The workshop will help participants:
- Understand how to find grant opportunities.
- Understand what funders are looking for in grant applications.
- Develop grant proposals that tell a coherent and compelling story.
- Infuse their strengths into proposals to develop strong, competitive applications.
Dates and Location
- September 28-29, 2023, The Highlands Event Center, 355 Wharton Circle, Triadelphia, WV 26059.
- Training is from 9am-4pm each day.
- Registration is $200 per person. This fee covers all materials plus lunch on both days. Hotel rooms are not included.
- Registrants may pay by credit/debit card by clicking here.
- If you pay by card, email a copy of your payment confirmation with your registration.
- If you prefer to write a check, please make it payable to Volunteer West Virginia and mail to: Volunteer West Virginia – Grant Writing, 803 Quarrier Street Suite 400, Charleston WV 25301
- We will be happy to send an invoice if that is more convenient for your organization.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- All completed registrations should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Registration is limited to the first 50 people.
Hotel rooms must be reserved separately. There are multiple lodging options near the Highlands Event Center.
All are located off Exit 10 East or West on Interstate 70. Please take care of your own reservation.
To see where hotels are located in relation to the event center, click here
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott: 304-219-2020
- Hawthorn Inn and Suites by Wyndham: 800-337-0202
- Microtel by Wyndham: 304-547-4550
- Hampton Inn by Hilton: 304-547-4222
- Holiday Inn Express: 304-904-4470
Can't make it to this training? Volunteer West Virginia is hosting a FREE 2-hour grant writing webinar on November 8 - click here to register
About the Instructor
Beverly “Nicki” Bentley-Colthart, MSW, owner of The Grant Advantage
, is an experienced grant writer with over 20 years of researching, drafting, and submitting awarded proposals to local, state, and Federal sources. Nicki has a track record of receiving 70% of grant proposals submitted - securing $30 million dollars in grant funding for nonprofits and higher education institutions in West Virginia since 2000.
Ms. Bentley-Colthart holds both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in social work from West Virginia University. She has honed her grant writing skills over 27 years as a social worker employed in various West Virginia social/human services agencies and as a grant administrator for two institutions of higher education (West Virginia State University and West Virginia Wesleyan College). She has developed and delivered training workshops on grant writing basics, partnership development, budget planning, program evaluation, as well as served as an adjunct instructor at West Virginia Wesleyan College – teaching courses on grant writing and nonprofit management at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Nicki has lived experience not only writing grant proposals, but managing grant awarded projects as a program director. This allows her to provide training with a sensitivity to the needs of an organization’s staff relating to managing, implementing, assessing, and reporting on grant activities after the award is granted.
Moya Doneghy, firstname.lastname@example.org.