2024 AmeriCorps Planning Grants
Volunteer West Virginia announces a funding opportunity for organizations interested in planning a new AmeriCorps program. Successful applicants will work with Volunteer West Virginia from September 2024 - August 2025 to develop a new AmeriCorps program. Successful new AmeriCorps programs will begin in September of 2024. Eligible organizations can apply for planning grants of up to $50,000.
Purpose of an AmeriCorps Planning Grant
The purpose of an AmeriCorps planning grant is to provide funding that allows an organization to devote the time and staff needed to develop a plan for a viable AmeriCorps program.
Is This A Good Fit For You?
- My organization has identified a community need that requires new resources to address.
- We want to use people power (at least 5 AmeriCorps members) to meet this need.
- We have some ideas about how to do this new project but need time and help to plan and figure out how best to use AmeriCorps members.
If the statements above apply to you, this could be a great opportunity for your organization.
How To Apply
- Planning Grant Training Webinar Monday, February 5th, 2024 at 1:00 pm. Register in advance for this meeting here.
- Step 1: Letters of Intent due electronically via this link by March 7th, 2024.
- Eligible organizations will be invited to schedule a consultation with Volunteer West Virginia between March 11th-March 15th, 2024.
- Step 2: Eligible organizations will be invited to submit a pre-application by March 28th, 2024.
- Selected organizations will submit a final application in eGrants by April 25th, 2024.
Federal Funder Information
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is the federal funding agency that administers AmeriCorps and other National Service programs. More information about CNCS is available at https://americorps.gov